A Clinical Study on Implant Success and Survival Rates in Oral Cancer Mandibulectomy Patients without Adjuvant Therapy
1. Final goal of jaw rehabilitation: dental rehabilitation
Dental implant: best choice for dental rehabilitation
1. Of the 91 implants, the overall implant success rate was 85.1% and the implant survival rate was 95.4%.
2. The survival rate of the implant installed at the fibular free flap was significantly lower than installed at the natural bone (p<0.05).
3. The success rate of the implant installed at the posterior region in natural bone was significantly lower than that of the anterior region (p<0.05).
1. Reconstruction of the mandible with a fibular free flap, in combination with dental implants, leads to satisfactory functional and esthetic results.
2. Despite the limited experience, the modality of DO and onlay graft seems to be a useful method for implant placement in the reconstructed mandible using fibular free flap.